Friday, October 10, 2008

Delicious versus Magnolia

This is the first time I've used either of these social bookmarking sites so I decided to use both simultaneously. I opened both sites in different windows, and added a site to one and then to the other. Basically, they both were very easy to use. Although, I have probably missed some major points, this is what I found:
  • Delicious gave tag suggestions but Magnolia did not
  • Magnolia was prettier to look at!
  • Delicious added titles for you so you didn't have to, but Magnolia didn't. I had to add my own.
  • Magnolia gave screenshots of the site but Delicious didn't
  • Both let you see more or less details of your bookmarks
  • Magnolia had advertising, but Delicious didn't. However, you could pay to stop the ads.
  • It was easier on Magnolia to send bookmarks to other people. They had buttons right there for you to use.
  • Magnolia listed hot bookmarks, hot groups, and recently saved bookmarks

1 comment:

Renee said...

We have some of the same observations on Delicious and Magnolia. Somehow I guess I missed the "hot" buttons. Thanks for pointing them out!