Friday, December 5, 2008

Screencasting--Best Practices

Although I cannot say that I am a pro at screencasting, it has become easier over the weeks we have used it. I have found that the best practices include some of the following:
  • Review the subject before you attempt to create a screencast
  • Create a summary/"script" of your narration
  • Begin recording knowing this will probably not be your final copy
  • Watch your first recording, learn from your mistakes, and fix them the next time around
  • Save your screencast in the correct format and name it appropriately

These are just a few of the basics that I thought should be included. I've also learned when to have multiple windows open so that I could switch to a different window because if I "clicked" on a link it would take too long to open due to the age of my computer! I also learned that certain programs work better for certain computers (due to the age of my computer, it could not support Jing)! Lastly, be sure to take the dog out before you begin screencasting...or her incessant barking will ruin the whole thing!

No comments: