Monday, December 8, 2008

MMO- Club Penguin

Since my computer would not support Second Life, I became part of CLUB PENGUIN. Since I have played Second Life in the past, along with other MMOs such as SIMS, I already had an idea of what they were like, so it was good to try something different. Club Penguin is a Disney MMO with many of the features of the adult MMOs only geared towards younger children. First thing that I noticed as I was trying to join was a great deal of privacy/safety features which I think is great, especially for a site that is geared towards children. As I wandered the towns I noticed some great features. Each place not only had different things to interact with, but they also had games and activities. These were fun, and, believe it or not, some of them were relatively difficult. Below is a screenshot of one of the villages I visited. Notice the different buildings you can go into.

The second screenshot is of me surfing! You can earn money by doing different tricks and stunts which you can use later to buy things.

In this final screenshot you will see me playing a game in which you are tubing in the water and have to navigate around obstacles in order to stay on your tube. Another great game to play.

No comments: